2018-03-05 : Weekend Coding
Fun and productive weekend. Used the time to wrap up some of the initial hard parts.
- The Map is generated using some maze code I found here:
- It then checks for walls and creates an array for the wall valuse
- Those values are then used to place grids w/ a tilemap which is just 4 walls of a room
- The array then iterates through and removes the correct walls form the correct rooms
- Then the A* pathfinding is used to map out the path to the exit
- Next the rooms are populated one of multiple possible room designs for that room type (North wall, North and South wall, etc)
- Then the rooms are randomly populated using some pre-placed locations and random generation for their contents
- I am not totally happy with the controls yet. Spent a lot of time on joystick inputs. Still not there.
- Having a blast with pixel art. Not sure all of this will make it into the game, but I'll post some of the stuff here.
The Particle Effects
- This evening I decided to work on a particle effect. Found an old blog post here that was really helpful.
- I'm really happy with the results.
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.